Gordigear combined 25 years of tent development experience and thousands of customer feedbacks from around the world to create the next evolution in folding roof tents, the Gordigear Daintree. The name is a homage to the national park of the same name in northern Australia, and as with all of our products, it was top priority that the end result withstands the extreme weather conditions and climatic challenges of the red continent. Whether extreme temperature fluctuations, heavy rain, wind, UV radiation or snow, with the Daintree you are optimally equipped - no matter where and when you are out and about.
The tent is made of real tent canvas, dip-impregnated, double-stitched and taped with German-made Amann yarn.
The premium construction made of real tent canvas, aluminum and stainless steel offers market-leading quality, including storm braces developed in Germany. The newly developed floor consists of a honeycomb construction. The specially integrated air chambers result in unique insulating properties without thermal bridges.
Gordigear InnovationThe 25mm strong, convex tent poles increase stability in heavy winds and under snow pressure by 65% compared to the traditional design and allow rain water to run off faster.
The bright and friendly interior is also full of innovations, four ventilation vents reduce condensation and ensure excellent airflow, even in rainy weather.
Gordigear InnovationThe vents can be closed individually and allow the use of a tent heater without heat loss through the ventilation openings.
The bright and friendly interior is also full of innovations, four ventilation vents reduce condensation and ensure excellent airflow, even in rainy weather. The vents can be closed individually and allow the use of a tent heater without heat loss through the ventilation openings.
The comfortable 80mm foam mattress with removable cover, the vapor barrier developed by Gordigear and a 10mm anti-condensation mat with additional cushioning ensure sleeping comfort like in your own bed.
Gordigear InnovationThe innovative window design allows maximum flexibility and stability. A two-part trapezoidal shape maximizes the window area for a bright interior. Each side window is split into two and can therefore be adapted to changing weather conditions. The canvas strut between the window sides dissipates the forces under extreme loads and provides additional stability.
- flexible mounting - entrance can be mounted either to the side or the back of the car
- front and back entrances with separately zipped mosquito nets and entrance covers
- tent construction allows for bedding to be left inside the tent when travelling
- telescopic ladder adjusts to different car heights (optional ladder extension available for heights > 2m)
- ladder with flat rungs can be climbed with bare feet
- heavy duty 1000D PVC travel cover with zip protects your tent from rain and dirt (also keeps air resistance at a minimum while driving)
- bungee cord folding aid pulls in the side walls when collapsing the tent
- sandfly and midge-proof mosquito mesh
- four internal storage pockets to keep all your essentials handy
- universal mounting system, fits on just about any roof rack (this is a sturdy product, please check static and dynamic load capacity of your roof rack specifications)
- Cable inlets on both sides.
- 24 months warranty
Gordigear has managed in a unique way to combine the best materials and an extremely durable and innovative tent design with maximum comfort. And all this at an affordable price! We are convinced that with the Daintree we have created the new benchmark among folding roof tents for years to come.
We offer this product in different widths: 140cm, 165cm, 180cm and 220cm. Please make sure you order the right size for your needs. The length is the same for all models. The supplied ladder works with installation heights up to 2 metres, for higher installation heights we have extensions available, which extend the ladder by 30cm (please see below).
The 220cm wide model features two entrances and two ladders.